by NEBAS League, 2022-08-08T19:45:40.000-07:00August 08 2022, at 07:45 PM PDT
The NEBAS Fall League will start on Sunday, Sept 11th and continue through Sunday, October 30th. 8 games regular season. Top four teams will make the playoffs on November 6th and November 13th. Town and team trophies will be awarded to the top two teams. Registration ends on Wed, August 31st.
The NEBAS league is a SUNDAY only league. Due to the many fall sports programs that take place each year, we are OPEN to flexibility of moving games to be played during the week IF BOTH TEAMS are willing and able.
First round playoffs start Sunday, November 6th. Top four teams qualify for the playoffs. Seed 1 vs Seed 4 and Seed 2 vs Seed 3 will play. Winners of this first round of playoffs play on Sunday, November 13th for the Championship. Top two teams get individual and team trophies.
1) Registration deadline for Fall NEBAS League is Wednesday, August 31st.
2) Fill out the and under Documents – “2022 Fall NEBAS Forms” and email both forms as soon as possible to Jim Oettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
URGENT: REGISTER YOUR TEAMS CORRECTLY. PLEASE UNDERSTAND HOW URGENT IT IS FOR ALL TEAMS TO ENTER AT THE CORRECT AGE LEVEL FOR THE FALL!! The league level that you are entering your teams is based upon NEXT YEAR’S age cutoffs.
-> Summer 10u teams, become FALL 11u teams.
-> Summer 12u teams, become Fall 13u 50×70 teams
- We are offering 50×70 ONLY for Summer 12u, Fall 13u teams.
- Please note when grading your teams on the Town Commitment Form, we have changed the process. There are now only two options. “Weak/Average”, or “Strong/Average”. PLEASE grade your team appropriately. This should alleviate teams being placed in the wrong divisions playing against the wrong competition.
3) Payment: Please send in the Town Commitment Form and league fee of $125 per team no later than Wednesday, August 31st.
- If paying by check, PLEASE email the town commitment form asap to email@example.com and mail form again with the fee to Closter Recreation P.O. Box 143, Closter, NJ 07624. League fee is payable to Closter Recreation.
- Credit card payment is available on the site. Click “Credit Card Payment” menu bar above.
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY – Age Limits. We will be following the Williamsport age cut offs. Here are the age requirements:
14U – Age must be 14 or under with no player turning 15 before Sept 1, 2023
13U – Age must be 13 or under with no player turning 14 before Sept 1, 2023
12U – Age must be 12 or under with no player turning 13 before Sept 1, 2023
11U – Age must be 11 or under with no player turning 12 before Sept 1, 2023
10U – Age must be 10 or under with no player turning 11 before Sept 1, 2023
9U – Age must be 9 or under with no player turning 10 before Sept 1, 2023
8U – Age must be 8 or under with no player turning 9 before Sept 1, 2023
UMPIRES & UMPIRE FEES:
The home team is responsible for lining up the umpires for their home games. One (1) umpire for 8u~12u games. Two (2) umpires for 13 u and 14u games. The umpire fees are paid by the one team (every team will have 4 home and 4 away games) and umpires should be paid on the field. If any town needs to pay the umpire by voucher etc., please review this with the umpire assignors that you choose. This should NOT be a problem. The list of umpire assignors is available on the NEBAS website.
Any questions, please email Jim Oettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.