2023 FALL NEBAS
Dear Coaches and town representatives,
As we open fall registration, we would like to first take this opportunity to thank Jim Oettinger for his decades of service to the NEBAS League. Without Jim’s hard work and dedication to the game, this great league would not be in existence. We also would like to take the time to introduce ourselves as we move forward in this transition. The NEBAS league will be run by Anthony Austria, Steve Bottieri and Mike Fanelli. The three of us are coaches who currently have children playing in the NEBAS league. As we move through this transition we will look to make some minor changes to the league that we hope will enhance the experience for both the players and coaches.
The nebasleague.com website will continue to be used. If you have any questions or need to contact us, our new email address is email@example.com.
- We will offer divisions at 7/8u coach pitch, 8u, 9u, 10u, 11u kid pitch, 12u (46×60 and 50×70) and 13u (50×70 fall only and 60 × 90).
- The 7 game regular season (8 games guaranteed) will include an expanded playoff bracket with up to 8 teams making the playoffs, will run from Sept 10th through October 22th. Playoffs will begin the weekend of Oct 29th with Championship Games occurring on November 12.
- We will remain a Sunday League, but all coaches should work together to play the games at mutually convenient times.
- For the fall season, your team moves up one age group. So if you played 9u for the summer your team will be Fall 10u. We are not changing any of the age requirements.
- Registration opens on August 1 and closes on August 29th. The town commitment form and payment must be received by August 29th. The Fall 2023 Season Town Commitment Form is under Documents.
- Payment will be $275 for all age groups. Payment can be made by check, credit card or paypal or venmo. All instructions are listed on the town commitment form.
Fall 2023 Rule Changes
The new commissioners look forward to hearing from the coaches throughout the fall season on suggestions and rule changes for the spring. We will implement the following for the fall season:
- Expanded playoff bracket with up to 8 teams making the playoffs. If a division has more than 8 teams a consolation game will set up between those teams not making the playoffs.
- Elimination of innings pitched per game and replacing the innings pitched to outs per game.
- Creation of the evaluation system to grade your team based on the number of competitive pitchers on your roster. The goal is to have a competitive league where all the games are close. While this system may not be perfect we strive to create divisions where all the teams are matched equally.
Updated Rules will be available by the end of August.